For those who are planning to establish a new charity, or are in the early stages of setting one up, we can help you navigate the complex maze of Federal and State-based regulations that cover the organisations financial and organisational operations. As a member of the Etax Local network of accountants*, Fifth Element Advisors can help with:
- Registering the most appropriate corporate structure, be it a Company Limited by Guarantee, or an Incorporated Association;
- Applying for Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and Tax Concession Charity (TCC) status with the Australian Charities and Not For Profits Commission (ACNC) and the Australian Taxation Office;
- Establishing corporate governance mechanisms, including the governing board/committee, procedures for Annual General Meetings (AGMs) of members and methods for managing and accounting for donated funds;
- Setting up accounting systems that comply with the stringent requirements for charities that report to the ACNC;
- Applying for licenses to fundraise in each State and Territory jurisdiction; and
- Conducting other business planning activities that will ensure that the new charity is up and running smoothly from the outset.
For those that require specialist legal advice, but are not in a position to pay the high fees that are usually involved, we can help you look for law firms and others willing to provide pro bono advice and support.
We will also provide pro bono services to our clients where appropriate.
Contact us to arrange a confidential, no-obligation discussion about your fundraising needs.
*Etax Local Accountants Pty Ltd is the service provider in relation to all taxation, BAS Agent and audit services. All clients will engage directly with Etax Local according to CPA Australia professional guidelines.